Every now and then I share pieces of my mind and what’s going on in there. Today is one of those times. Please be warned that I don’t edit my thoughts and only sometimes do I edit my typos.
1. Dear Hollywood – if you make me rich and famous, I promise to never leverage that privilege of power, in ways that would be harassing or sexually abusive. I can’t promise that I wouldn’t condescend, though. To be fair I do that now, with very little privilege or power. -Jeff
2. Will & Grace is back on the air and I’m wondering why there’s no show, with a straight, African American, ex-Marine, male, raised in Kalamazoo, Michigan cast opposite a lesbian best friend. I mean, isn’t everyone wondering that? I know a guy who could play that role. AGAIN…see #1.
3. I am unapologetically addicted to capsaicin.
4. Those proclaiming to pursue “mindfulness” confuse me. Should you have to look for your “true, authentic self”? I’m thinking, just be yourself.
5. People are always on Facebook complaining about Facebook and how it’s ruining the world as we know it. Perhaps it’s not Facebook, but those with whom you are friends on Facebook. Don’t shun the tool; shun those who misuse it. That being said…UGH FACEBOOK and the ad nauseum spewing of perspective, as if anyone cares.
6. Some of you may have noticed that I’ve been working out. Someone asked me when I would be showing off a body shot, presumably shirtless. I respect all of you, too much to do that. Let’s just say that while I am faster and stronger than most, I’m currently built more for athletic purposes than aesthetic ones. Stay tuned though. I might soon flood your feed, with JD flesh!
7. If you have a really old car, do you put your alma mater license plate frame on it, or does that devalue your education investment? Hmmmm.
8. Recently, a young lady in my presence was describing eating a piece of cake that had too much frosting for her taste, she said “all of a sudden, I had a big glob of goo, stuck in my throat”. I demand bonus points for letting that go without as much as a chuckle.
9. “Money can’t buy me happiness, but I am happiest when I can buy whatever I want, anytime that I want…” - Jelleestone “Money Part 1”
10. I wish my life so easy that I could be offended by things said like “me and my boys went out and we hope to talk to some girls”. If you can bother to be upset by that, you are 100% hashtag blessed.